Happy Birthday Leilani Rose
It’s amazing what can happen in a year. For me, May 2012 to May 2013 could look like this:
- diagnosis involving my fertility - blocked tube
- fertility drugs
- ectopic pregnancy
- back to back miscarriages
- meeting with specialist
- miracle pregnancy!
Or, it could look like this:
- I had no idea where my path would take me, but I trusted God.
- He led me through some of the most treacherous ground I have ever walked.
- But he stayed right with me and even carried me in many places.
- I have grown and am still becoming a better person because of that journey.
- God has blessed me with a chance to be mommy to a new little girl - praise Him!
Leilani was an answer to my prayers. I begged God to allow me to get pregnant. After over a year of actively trying, He showed me that it was in His hands and that He could give me a child. He taught me to trust Him, even when it didn’t seem to make sense.
Leilani gave me hope that I would someday have another child.
Leilani is the reason I started this blog. Her short life inside of me has been a blessing to people she never knew.
Leilani is in heaven with three of her siblings and with JESUS. She will not come to me, but someday I will go to her. I long for that day.
I am grateful for the time that we had with her.
Here is the birthday tribute that appeared in the M.E.N.D. newsletter.