Hurry Up and Wait




It has been over a month since we finished our home study and we finally met with our resource worker for the last time this afternoon before being assigned to our new permanent caseworker. The waiting is hard at times, but I knew it would be this way. We had been told that after the home study we'd move to the next step, but in reality, we finished the home study and then waited while our file sat on one desk for a week or two and then moved to another desk for a couple more weeks. And that's how it goes.

I made the first phone call on June 5th and here we are three months later, making it to the next big step. Sometimes it seems to be going so quickly and sometimes it seems to drag on and on. I was told we would receive our new caseworker tomorrow, but I doubt I'll hear from anyone before Monday. Either way, we will soon be assigned to the person who will help match us with our future daughter and I am just so excited to move on to this next part of the journey!

As we have gone through this process, I have become so much more aware of how many kids are in the system and how many older kids need homes and are so desperate for a family to call their own. I pray that one day we will be able to take in an older child who needs us, but for now, I know that we are doing exactly what God wants us to do and that adding another little girl to our crew is just what we should be doing.

In the meantime, I am praying for the kids in the system. Praying that God will call more good families to foster and adopt. Praying that hearts will be open to these needs. Praying that the children who are waiting will soon find their forever families!







*image from https://markleisherproductions.com/2016/03/hurry-up-and-wait/

Comments

Popular Posts