Do You Know Jesus?

I have written a lot about what I have been through - secondary infertility, ectopic pregnancies, miscarriages - but today I want to write about what got me through all of that, actually, WHO got me through it. And that is my Lord Jesus.

A lot of people start to blame God when they are going through something terrible. Especially when there doesn’t seem to be anyone else to blame. I guess it’s natural to become angry and ask Him why He let something so awful happen to you. I have asked Him that question myself. But the truth is, we live in a fallen and sinful world where bad things happen all the time. When God created this earth, it was whole and pure, but Adam and Eve chose to sin and ruin the perfection they had once enjoyed. And our world has been full of sorrow ever since.

It’s true, God has the power to stop bad things from happening. And I can only imagine how many times He does. But we don’t see that. We don’t know about the things that could have happened but didn’t. We aren’t aware of the many times He has protected us. Those don’t smack us in the face the way the hard things do. And it’s true, God does allow some of these hardships to enter into our lives. I believe that He can always use whatever trial we face, big or small, to do a work in us, to make us better.

But can He really make you better if you don’t even know Him? Can you find the better blessing in your journey of hardship if you aren’t a child of the greatest Giver of blessings? If you don’t know my Jesus as your personal Savior, you are missing out! You are missing out on the peace that only He can give. You are missing out on the grace that He can give you to handle your tough situation. You are missing out on the blessings that your fellow believers can be to you as they pray for you and minister to you. My prayer is this: that you would join God’s family today, trust in Him, and become His child.

I would love to tell you how you can know for sure that you are God’s child and that you have a home in heaven waiting for you. Please let me share some scripture with you today! I am simply going to copy what is listed at this link on my church’s website. I can’t say it any better or more clearly than this.


There are big questions that haunt all of us. What happens when I die? Where will I spend eternity? The single most important question that you will ever answer is this - "If I were to die today, would I spend eternity in Heaven with God?" Your relationship to Jesus Christ is central to the answer to that question.

The Bible tells us in I John 5:12, "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life..." The simple truth is God wants you to know where you're going! So, here it is in a nutshell: First, you must understand your need for a personal Saviour. The Bible is very clear that we all have a huge problem called sin. Romans 3:23 says it this way, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." This verse simply means that none of us are perfect. Are you willing to admit that?

The problem is this - sin has a high price tag. Romans 6:23a says, "For the wages of sin is death..." In other words, the price for sin is eternal death apart from God in a place called Hell - not a good thing! Because of our sin, none of us can make it into Heaven alone.

Here's the good news - God sent help! The rest of Romans 6:23 says, "...but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Again in Romans 5:8 God says, "But God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us!" This leads us to the second step.

You must believe that Jesus Christ wants to be your Saviour! Jesus Christ came to earth as God in the flesh, lived a perfect life, and then voluntarily died on a cross because He loves you. On that cross, He literally paid for all of your sins. He took your blame! He punished Himself for your wrong-doings. What a great gift!

John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." God, in His awesome love, came to earth to make a way for you to be forgiven of your sins and given eternal life!

Finally, you must place your full trust in Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour. Romans 10:13 says, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." In verse ten of that same chapter God says, "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." He says it's as simple as believing and receiving! It's as simple as asking!

If you've never asked Jesus Christ to be your personal Saviour, you could do that right now! With Him in your heart, life will make a lot more sense. You could stop right now and sincerely pray something like this:

Lord Jesus, I believe that You are God, that You died for my sin, and that You rose again from the dead. I know that I am a sinner, and I ask You now to be my personal Saviour. I'm placing my full trust in You alone, and I now accept Your gift of eternal life. Thank you for keeping Your promise! Amen. You'll never regret that decision!

If you have just trusted Christ, we would love to know about your decision and give you a Bible and some other materials to help you learn more about that new relationship! Give us a call at 918.437.4707 or write to us and let us know today!

Please, my friend, make sure that you know my Jesus as your own. The Bible tells us that our babies who die so early are ushered straight to heaven. I know I have four children waiting there for me. But for those of us who spend more time on this earth, we become accountable for our sins and must trust Christ in order to be forgiven and find a home in heaven. I know many of you, my readers, have children in heaven waiting for you. I hope you are certain today that when you die, you will meet your Savior in heaven and then finally meet those sweet children that you so often long for.

I am praying for you today, friends, that Jesus love will wrap all around you and carry you through this day!



In Him,

Kristi

Comments

Popular Posts