A Better Blessing

In my thirty-one years on this journey of life I have learned something not so terribly profound. Life can be hard. No one lives the perfect life and no one escapes the pain of this sinful world.  But I have also learned this - that God intends all of it to be used for good. We were never meant to simply wallow in our suffering; we were meant to use it. After all, it takes rain to make the flowers grow. And it takes the blackest night to see the stars in all their glory. The trials are what make us strong and ultimately bring beauty into our lives. When God allows us to go through something difficult it is because He has a better blessing in store for us than what we had imagined for ourselves. In bringing our sorrows to Him we allow Him the chance to change us and mold us and use us. Our suffering is meant to bring Him glory.

The reason for this blog is simple. I want to share my heart with you. I want to share my story of loss. I want to share my private journal entries with you. My hope is that others who have experienced their own sorrows might be encouraged by the work that God is doing in my life and heart through these times of grief.

Are you using your suffering? Or are you wasting it? My prayer is that this blog will be an encouragement to others both in times of joy and celebration and also in times of suffering and hardship. No matter what the circumstance of life let’s allow God to bring us a better blessing than we could ever dream of.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28

Comments

  1. Kristi, I am looking forward to reading your blog. Up until recently, I didn't know you had experienced difficulty and loss in fertility. You have always been cheerful in disposition, and that proves you can still have joy in spite of pain. May the Lord bless you as you share your story and how God has helped you through it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts