A Mother’s Day Prayer


Dear Lord,


My heart is overflowing on this day of celebration. You have given me so much when it comes to Mothers Day! I thank you for my own mother. She is an amazing woman who loves you and has taught me to do the same. I am so grateful for the relationship I have with her, the closeness we share. I am so blessed to call her my Marmee and I don’t deserve her, but I’m so very thankful for her.

Thank you also for my mother-in-law, my “Mil.” Yet another godly lady and wonderful example to follow. I am so thankful for the way she nurtured and raised the boy who would become my husband. I love to see his good relationship with her and I adore the way she treats our daughter. How blessed we are to have her in our lives!

Words cannot express how very grateful I am for my sweet, spunky, smart, funny little girl. I dreamed about her from the time I was a little girl myself. I can’t remember a time I didn’t want to be a mommy to a little girl and I see her as such a blessing and answer to prayer. As I have struggled with not being able to give her a sibling, I have learned more and more that she is an absolute miracle and there is not a single day that goes by that I take her for granted.

Thank you for my four sweet babies who are living with You now. I am blessed to be their mommy and I love them so very much even though they were only with me for a short time. My sweet Ezra, Leilani, Nathaniel, and Jude - I can’t wait to one day wrap my arms around them and finally see them face to face. Thank you for the many things I have learned because you allowed me to be their mommy.

Thank you for the many amazing women I have come to know, or to know better, because of the time I have spent going through infertility. These women are amazing, strong women and have shown me a new kind of trust in You. I pray that you will give them a special grace today as they balance the celebration of their own mothers and the hurt that creeps in because they still long for children of their own. I even pray for those ladies who are “on the other side” of infertility as I know the old familiar painful feeling can still creep in and make them feel inferior or uncomfortable on a day when we celebrate a woman’s ability to be a mother. For those who struggled to do so, Mothers Day is a delicate balance of many emotions. Be with those ladies today Lord!

Finally, I want to thank You for this miracle baby that is growing inside me now. Thank you for a nine-week-old baby who is healthy and growing perfectly inside my womb. Thank you for answering not only my prayers, but especially for answering the prayers of my little girl, who is learning how big You really are and finding that you can do anything in your time. I have longed for this child for so long, but now I am amazed at your perfect timing and I see that you had a plan for us all along. What a special time this is for our family!

Thank you for a day like Mother’s Day - a day to reflect on all the blessings that come my way because of special ladies who influence the lives of their children and others. My prayer is that I can be a godly mother and a good example to my own children and that one day they will be thankful for me!

I love you Lord, and your perfect plan for my life.

Comments

Popular Posts